Kings Hammer Youth Developmental Academy
Boys & Girls, U4-U6 & U7-U9
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Fall YDA starts September 9th!
What is the Kings Hammer Youth Development Academy (YDA) Mission?
The mission of the Kings Hammer YDA is to provide a player-centered technical training environment. Players will be taught by KHSC staff. We strive for a new victory each week; each victory represents something new - a new skill, a new juggling record, a new piece of knowledge for the game, etc. YDA players will compete and improve technical abilities. We welcome players of all experience levels, both from within the club or new families.
Where is the YDA held?
YDA Central is held at Town and Country (1018 Town Drive, Wilder, KY 41076).
YDA East is held at Four Seasons Soccer Complex (4609 Kellogg Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45226).
Games will be held at both locations (see schedule below)
What is the Schedule for YDA?
The Fall Session will begin the week of September 9th, 2015. Practices will be held once per week at your chosen training location for six weeks. Times will be as follows: U4-U6 will practice from 5-6pm and U7-U9 will practice from 6-7pm. Games will be held once per week (9am on Saturdays) and will alternate between the locations.
2015 Fall Schedule:
|Training Dates For East
||Training Dates For Central
9/9- Training #1
9/11- Training #1
9/12- Game #1 @Town & Country
|9/23- Training #2
||9/25- Training #2
||9/26- Game #2 @ Four Seasons
|10/7- Training #3
||10/9- Training #3
||10/10- Game #3 @ Town & Country
|10/14- Training #4
||10/16- Training #4
||10/17- Game #4 @ Four Seasons
|10/21- Training #5
||10/23- Training #5
||10/24- Game #5 @ Four Seasons
|10/28- Training #6
||10/30- Training #6
||10/31- Game #6 @ Town & Country
What are the benefits to your child?
It has been statistically proven that children who are having fun and are given the chance to participate in a sport with friends want to play more and tend to stay active in the sport they choose. The YDA gives your child the chance to make new friends while still getting to play for their local team and with their friends. Our program gives every player the opportunity to train in a professional environment without the pressures of league standings and game results. This is an environment where each child gets to develop at their own pace and have fun while doing it. This is a benefit no other training program in this area offers.
What does the curriculum look like?
1. Ball Mastery – We endorse the importance of ball familiarity - Acquiring new ball skills; using all parts of the foot; keeping eyes up while dribbling (under control) at multiple speeds.
2. Receiving and Passing – YDA players are challeneged to become familiar with striking and receiving the ball using both feet
3. Finishing – Who loves the glory of scoring a goal? Players will have ample opportunities to master the techniques of striking the ball and how to create their own shot.
4. Coordination – The YDA provides players the training to improve balance, speed and power.
5. Principles of Attack – Through 3v3 and 4v4 play, YDA players develop a knowledge of attacking concepts such as depth, width, mobility and improvisation
6. Principles of Defense – The YDA teaches the importance of control and constraint when defending. Concepts of the first, second defender/attacker and their roles are covered.
What is the cost for the YDA?
Fall YDA: Games and Training- $80/player per seasonal session, 6 week program. All participants will receive a t-shirt to wear to each training session and to games
What should my child/bring wear?
Players should wear black soccer shorts, black soccer socks, shin-guards, YDA T-Shirt (provided on first day), soccer shoes and a smile! To each training session and game, players should bring a fully inflated, size 3 soccer ball; a water bottle; excitement for the game!
How do I register my child for the YDA?
All registration must be done online by using the link above. In order to create a proper player development environment, registration will be limited.