Acceptance of membership by Kings Hammer SC (the “Club”) is a privilege that carries with it certain responsibilities. Players and parents are expected to engage in the highest standards of conduct at all “Club-Related Events” (which includes all practices, games, and team travel). By joining the Club, players and parents agree to the following:
Responsibilities of the Player
- Player agrees to refrain from using profanity during games or practices.
- Player agrees to show respect toward referees, opposing players, coaches and fans.
- Player agrees not to harass, abuse or berate a referee for any reason.
- Player agrees to attend, be on time, and be prepared for all trainings and games unless excused by the Coach.
- Player agrees to bring cleats, running shoes, shin guards, water, and a usable soccer ball to practice.
- Player agrees to show respect for all coaches and adhere to all instructions.
- Player agrees to play within the spirit and laws of the game.
- Player agrees to show the highest standard of sportsmanship.
- Players agrees to wear the approved club uniform during practices and games.
Responsibilities of the Parent
- Parent agrees to set a good example by modeling the highest standard of sportsmanship.
- Parent agrees to maintain a professional relationship with the child’s coach and Program Director and avoid a confrontation immediately following the game.
- Parent agrees to wait 24 hours after a Club-Related Event before discussing concerns with the coach or Program Director.
- Parent agrees to never criticize a coach or player in a public manner, including through email.
- Parent agrees to refrain from using foul language at club events and from abusing, harassing, or berating players, coaches, referees, opponents or spectators.
- Parent agrees to refrain from coaching or otherwise instructing players during practices or games.
- Parent agrees to use best efforts to have the player on time for training and games.
- Parent agrees to stay current on all financial obligations to the Club.
- Parent agrees to get involved with the Club and promote the game in a positive way.
Expectations of Behavior
The following behaviors by players or parents will not be tolerated and may be grounds for suspension or dismissal of the player from the Club:
- Repeated failure to meet any of the above-listed responsibilities after having been reminded by a coach or Program Director to do so.
- Any use or possession of an illegal substance at a Club-Related Event.
- Any engagement in an illegal activity at a Club-Related Event.
- Any attempt to purposefully injure, abuse, or haze someone at a Club-Related Event.
In the event a player or parent engages in any of the above-listed behaviors, the Program Director will determine the appropriate disciplinary action. All decisions to suspend or dismiss a player from the Club for any of the above behaviors will be made in consultation with the Board of Directors and will be final.